v!be
victuals


Choco Biscuits


I love the aroma that fills the room when something is baked. Though i love baked stuff for health + taste reasons, I am not an adept at this art. Purely for adventurous reasons, I tried my hand at biscuit making. You can take some tips from here but let me throw a disclaimer at this juncture, "don't ask me if it doesn't taste like the bakery biscuits" .

Now that I have played safe, let me start with the narration.

Ingredients

Maida - 2 cups
Salt - little amounts
Sugar (preferably powdered) - 1 & 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
Milk - atleast 1 & 1/2 cups
Butter - 1 cup

Now for the preparation,

1) Mix maida, salt, sugar and cocoa powder in a dry bowl.
2) Soften the butter and add it to the milk.
3) Add the liquid to the dry mixture gradually and make a soft dough.
4) Pat and roll the dough (to 1 - 1/2 inch thickness)on a flat surface.
5) Cut into desirable shapes using a knife (try an inverted steel glass for making round shapes)
6) Place the flattened "would- be" biscuits on a buttered oven plate/tray. Ensure that the biscuits are placed atleast 5 cm apart from each other. (on baking, these would swell)
7) Preheat the oven and then bake the biscuits for atleast 10 - 11 minutes.

Biscuits are ready. Take my advice, first try a piece on yourself before serving to others (call it precaution or true gandhianism !!!)


-priya varadan som

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

goto top
Back Issues